Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's Still Dark Outside

I am sitting here at my computer, it is pitch black outside, I have a steamy cup of coffee, the big, black furry beast asleep underneath my desk and Itunes going - what a better way to start the day. I love this time of the day - before the sun comes up and life begins.

Lots of news - most good, some sad. Let's start with the sad. Snap and Scrap have closed their doors. Such a bittersweet feeling I have about this. Gillian tried to hold things together and all the designers and creative team did their best, but sales are just not what they should be. I have had so much fun with the gals at S&S, their challenges were so much fun and when Mari asked me to be on their creative team I was thrilled. I won my first layout of the month there and have met some awesome and talented people there - some of which I will still remain scrapbooking friends with, which is so cool - because we have never really met.

Ok now the good news. First of all I was picked as layout of the week over at Digiscrap Obsession using this layout.


I think it was the beautiful baby that won them over!

More good news....Wednesday I was going through my e-mail and there was a message from Beth Long, whose designs over at Digiscrap Obsession have always caught my attention. Beth has asked me to be on her creative team - How could I refuse?!
She is an awesome designer and has been so sweet! She sent me some links to her stunning kits and here is the first layout.
I love this kit because it is so nontraditional Easter and can you believe those beautiful eggs - Her mom made them. How cool is that! The kit is called Joanne's Egg - pick it up here.


Even more good news...check back tomorrow because the Fabulous Mel Hains has three kits coming out tomorrow and they are going to knock your socks off!

Whew...now I better get going - I have one more layout to finish for Mel and some playing to do with Beth's kits!

Oops, forgot one more layout. This one is for Pixel Canvas Friday Lift.

Credits:
Paper, overlay, glitter decorative rubon, snow globe from Vinnie Pearce's Playing in the Snow Kit
Stamp from Fei Fei's Stuff - Crazy Beautiful
Circle mask from Fei Fei's Pasteralia Kit
Wordart from Fei Fei's Moments Kit
Fairy brush from Vera Lim's A Little Fairy Magic

Ok I'm done!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Ok... ***blushing*** here.... LOL! You are such a sweetheart... and such a great scrapper too! Thanks for the fantastic page with my egg kit.... and congrats again on LOTW over at DSO! You deserve it!

charlie said...

Lou Anne that is the most gorgeous layout hun!